Piutau and Halai, who both have Tongan ancestry, want World Rugby to loosen the eligibility rules to allow capped players to return to tier-two nations.An identical policy has been introduced in rugby league and the Daily Mail report that Nonu and Vito could also make themselves available for Samoa under the proposals.”If there’s a way to do it, I want to give something back and play for Tonga at the 2019 World Cup,” Piutau told the Mail on Sunday.Tonga are in the same pool as England for the World Cup.”I have told the Tongan coach I would be on board if there’s a way to do it,” Piutau continued.”If our sport followed the rugby league model, it would be a massive boost for the Pacific Islands and it would make the world stage competitive again.”There’s a lot of wasted talent. The rugby league boys put Tonga back on the map and union should do the same thing.”Piutau, 26, will become the highest paid rugby union player in the world when he joins Bristol next season for £1million per year.
Gareth Bale returns to the call after being left out in the last against Levante. On that occasion, the Welshman had just left a gastroenteritis although he trained for two days with the group. Now, Zidane has included him in the list for the first leg of the Champions League against the City, a match in which he will fight for a place in the starting lineup due to Hazard’s injury. Instead, the one who has stayed out of the roster of summons has been James Rodriguez, who was on the bench against Levante but who Zidane did not give minutes. Rodrygo, Nacho, Mariano and Brahim are also still out by technical decision. Hazard and Asensio, the only casualties due to injury.Gareth Bale returns to the call and does it, again, in focus. Welsh performance this season is again disappointing. With a Madrid antagonized with the goal in recent weeks, Cardiff’s has been absent. He has only scored three goals in 1,145 minutes. It has been disengaging from Real Madrid to the point that it no longer appears even in high-level matches. In the Champions League that step has been reflected: he has not scored in the European Cup qualifiers since the Tenth season. His last goal in a European qualifier dates from the first leg of the quarterfinals against Dortmund, in his first season as a Madrid player (2013-14).This Wednesday against Manchester City he fights for the place in the eleven that has vacated by Hazard injury. Sergio Ramos was asked at a press conference about whether it would be unfair for the Welshman to start out instead of another teammate who has had a more regular performance, such as Vinicius. The captain threw a hint at Cardiff’s: “As a captain I am not to judge what players do in their personal lives. We are old and professional to know what we have to do …”. The one who has disappeared from the Zidane calls is Rodrygo. His last presence on a list of the first team was in the defeat against Real Sociedad, in Copa. The Brazilian came out in 75 ‘, with 1-4 on the scoreboard, and contributed to the final 3-4 with a goal. It was February 6. Since then, he remained without summoning against Osasuna, Celta and Levante (on this last day he played, scored and was expelled with Castilla). It is striking his absence in this team in need of gunpowder. Rodrygo is the second top scorer of Madrid (7 goals) behind Benzema (18).Nor will he play against City James Rodríguez. Zidane did call him against Levante, but he didn’t give it a minute. This Tuesday has left him out. In this Champions, The Colombian has only been summoned in two of seven games (in the 3-0 defeat against the PSG and in the 0-1 victory against Galatasaray). This Wednesday is his second game in Europe this campaign that is left out for technical reasons; his other three absences were due to injury. This is Zidane’s listGoalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.Defenses: Carvajal, Militão, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo and Mendy.Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde and Isco.Strikers: Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez, Jović and Vinicius Jr.If you want to go to the Bernabéu to enjoy the excitement of Real Madrid live – Manchester City Here you can check the available tickets. See tickets.
– complains of difficulty meeting Health MinisterBy Vahnu ManikchandMore than four months after Public Health Minister Volda Lawrence signed off on the commencement order to enforce the Tobacco Control Act, players in the local tobacco industry are worried about the absence of the necessary regulations which they need to be compliant with the new legislation.The Tobacco Control Act became law back in August 2017 after passage by the National Assembly and subsequent assent by the President. The Public Health Minister was empowered to set a date by which the law would become effective. This was given as December 11, 2017. Additionally, the Minister was tasked withDEMTOCO Managing Director Maurlain Kirtondrafting the regulations that would guide the industry in implementing certain aspects of the new legislation such as ‘no smoking’ signs, and packaging and labelling of tobacco products.However, Demerara Tobacco Company (DEMTOCO) Managing Director Maurlain Kirton pointed out that the company has been trying since December to meet with the Minister to iron out issues relating to the regulations, but only recently got a response.“So we’ve been, we continuously trying to meet with the Ministry of Public Health using DEMTOCO directly or through the business associations and we never got a response. So, we’ve now used our attorney to write to the Ministry and that response has recently been acquired and we’re hopefully for a meeting very soon… She didn’t indicate as to when the meeting will be held,” Kirton told <<
0Shares0000Pierre Gasly will join Max Verstappen at Red Bull next season © AFP/File / Boris HORVATPARIS, France, Aug 20 – French driver Pierre Gasly will replace the departing Daniel Ricciardo at Red Bull next season, the Formula One team announced on Monday.The 22-year-old Gasly, who currently drives for Red Bull’s junior team Toro Rosso, will line up alongside Max Verstappen after Australian Ricciardo leaves for Renault at the end of the 2018 campaign. “It has been my goal to race for this team since I joined the Red Bull Junior Driver Programme in 2013, and this incredible opportunity is another step forward in my ambition to win Grands Prix and compete for world championships,” said Gasly.The Frenchman only made his Formula One debut at the Malaysian Grand Prix last October, but has scored 26 points for Toro Rosso this year, with a best finish of fourth in Bahrain.He is 13th in the drivers’ standings and has scored 24 more points than the second Toro Rosso driver Brendon Hartley.“Since Pierre first stepped into a Formula One seat with Scuderia Toro Rosso less than a year ago he has proved the undoubted talent that Red Bull has nurtured since his early career,” team principal Christian Horner said on the Red Bull website, adding that Gasly was “one of the most exciting young drivers in motorsport”.Red Bull have struggled for consistency this year, but have managed to win three races, with two of those coming from Ricciardo.Gasly will join one of his good friends in the paddock, 20-year-old Dutchman Max Verstappen, to form a particularly young and eye-catching driver tandem.Horner also pointed out that Gasly brings valuable technical experience, because Red Bull are switching engines next season from Renault to Honda, who already supply Toro Rosso.“Red Bull has always looked to fight for championships or victories and that’s what I want,” added Gasly.“I’m a really competitive guy and when I do something it’s always to fight for the best and top positions.”Gasly comes from a motorsports family and his four brothers all drive. He started karting at the age of six before advancing to single-seater cars, winning a first title in Eurocop Formula Renault 2.0 in 2013 before being recruited by Red Bull and winning a GP2 title in 2016.He is, one of his former mechanics said, “funny, endearing and perfectionist”. He is also known for his rare ability to analyse data from his car.With nine races left in a season that does not end until November 25 in Abu Dhabi, the announcement means that several of the top teams have already made significant moves in the annual game of musical drivers’ seats.Mercedes announced before the German Grand Prix on July 22 that they had locked their two drivers, Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas, to contract extensions.Then Renault recruited Ricciardo to beef up their challenge next season and that seems to have had a double knock-on effect, freeing a seat at Red Bull for Gasly and creating a crowd of three at the French team.One of Renault’s young drivers, Spaniard Carlos Sainz, like Ricciardo and Gasly a product of Red Bull’s driver development programme, announced last Thursday that he was moving to McLaren to replace the retiring Fernando Alonso.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat Kings160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! RESEDA – Three people, including one suspected to be driving under the influence, were hospitalized in serious condition late Tuesday following a five-vehicle collision at White Oak Avenue and Victory Boulevard, authorities said. The accident was reported about 9:50 p.m., said LAPD Officer Karen Smith. No other information was available.
Two men have appeared in court in Scotland accused of the racially aggravated murder of a 57-year-old Donegal man.Asif Rehman, 20, and Adel Ishaq, 19, are alleged to have attacked William McKeeney near his home in Melville Street, Pollokshields, in Glasgow on 15 January.Mr McKeeney, 57, a truck driver who was originally from Malin Head in Inishowen, later died in hospital. At the High Court in Glasgow, both accused denied murdering Mr McKeeney.It is alleged that Mr Rehman and Mr Ishaq caused Mr McKeeney to fall to the ground and repeatedly punched, kicked, stamped and jumped on his head and body.The area in which he was living was a predominantly Asian community.In court, Mr Rehman admitted killing Mr McKeeney by causing him to fall to the ground and repeatedly kicking him on the head and body, under deletion of the racial aggravation element of the charge.However, this plea to the reduced charge of culpable homicide was rejected by the court.Mr Rehman denies attempting to defeat the ends of justice by changing his clothing before returning to Melville Street.Mr Ishaq is also accused of attempting to defeat the ends of justice by giving clothing and footwear to Umar Nisar Bhatti, who destroyed them by setting them on fire and by attempting to induce Bashir Ahmed to give him £500 so that he could flee Glasgow.He denies all the charges against him.The court was told that the Crown is not ready for trial and a further preliminary hearing was set for next month.TWO MEN APPEAR IN COURT CHARGED WITH BEATING INISHOWEN MAN TO DEATH IN RACIST ATTACK was last modified: May 16th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GlasgowMalin Headmurderedwilliam mckeeney
11 England are out of the World Cup, but fans have loved every minute of it as the Three Lions reached the semi-final.Listening to fans singing well after referee Cuneyt Cakir had blown his whistle for full-time, it was clear they were proud of the team. 11 Not looking for excuses, one was a red card and the other given as a fair goal. Same referee #ENGCRO pic.twitter.com/BEGNbfv8bU— Dom Newton 🏴 (@Dom_Newton) July 11, 2018 11 Not happy England fans salute the players in Russia after defeat However, supporters need something or someone to blame and on Twitter, Cakir provoked a lot of anger.Here’s a flavour of what supporters watching the game thought were saying (the cleaner tweets.) 11 Not happy Not happy
A Donegal woman has won a major award at the National Health Literacy Awards.Joan Crawford, from Castlefinn, who is a Senior Health Promotion Office with the Health Service Executive, was amongst the winners at the Crystal Clear MSD Health Literacy Awards.At a ceremony in Dublin, Joan and her team were recognised for their project, ‘The Be Active After School Activity Programme’ which aims to improve the health literacy of children aged 7-8 and their parents by introducing them to a variety of after school activities. Speaking about their win, Joan said she was delighted with her award because she really believed in the project.“We are delighted to be recognised for our work. Being physically active is one of the most important steps that parents and teachers can take to improve their children’s health.“We felt a programme needed to be developed to communicate these activities in a clear and simple way and instil positive healthy habits for children”Commenting on Joan and her team’s win, Dr Gerardine Doyle, UCD Business Schools and chairperson of the Crystal Clear Awards judging panel said “This entry was praised by the judges because they felt it was an excellent initiative that involved children, parents and teachers and through doing so, helped build a community of people who were educated about their health”. Five winning initiatives were selected from over 100 entries and were chosen in their respective categories because of the clear and accessible way in which they communicated important health messages.Entries were assessed for how they addressed the issue of health literacy, which is a person’s ability to understand and use basic health information, whether they receive it in writing, in person or over the phone.Health literacy also involves a person having the knowledge to understand their options and make informed decisions about their health.Speaking at the awards ceremony, Inez Bailey, Director of NALA said ‘Around 1 in 4 adults in Ireland will have difficulty fully understanding information presented to them in health care settings.“Health literacy includes the ability to understand instructions on medication packs and bottles, appointment slips, medical education materials, doctor’s directions and consent forms, and the ability to negotiate complex health care systems. “It requires a complex group of reading, listening, analytical, and decision-making skills, and the ability to apply these skills to health situations. As part of NALA’s work to advance health literacy, the MSD Crystal Clear awards play a pivotal role in highlighting the good practice amongst health practitioners in this area.’Further information on health literacy and the Crystal Clear MSD Health Literacy Awards can be found at www.healthliteracy.ie
If you are stuck for a different kind of present for the man (or woman for that matter!) in your life then let us make a suggestion.Donegal Airsoft has established itself as a leading exponent of indoor activities from archery to target practice using life-like guns and pistols.Based in Newtowncunningham, Airsoft is manned by fully-trained staff who ensure the safety and enjoyment go hand-in-hand. They have a wide range of toys for big boys in stock this Christmas and a call to the headquarters is recommended.As wella s stocking a large supply of airsoft guns and supplies starting from just €40, why not take up the Robin Hood challenge with a home archery set from just €80.Gift vouchers also available so your loved ones can enjoy the Indoor Airsoft Shooting Range (age 8+), the Indoor Archery Range and also Donegal’s only Indoor 18 Hole Crazy Golf Course.For more info, check out www.donegalairsoft.com or join them on Facebook, www.facebook.com/donegalairsoft HIT THE TARGET WITH A GIFT FROM DONEGAL AIRSOFT was last modified: December 16th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal AirsoftNewtowncunningham
Emergency services are at the scene of a road traffic accident between Dungloe and Loughanure tonight in the townland of Craugheyboyle.Traffic coming via Loughanure is being diverted on the N56 at the Top Filling Station in Dungloe, however the road is open on the Loughanure side.Five emergency vehicles including NowDoc, fire crews and ambulances are at the scene. Initial reports suggest a vehicle has left the road but it is unknown at present how many occupants are in the vehicle.The accident has happened on a straight stretch of road at Craugheyboyle. EMERGENCY SERVICES AT SCENE OF ACCIDENT IN WEST DONEGAL was last modified: September 14th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:accidentdungloeemergency servicesLoughanure