RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR NewsIrish Water invests €1.3 million in Limerick service fleetBy Editor – November 13, 2017 3019 Linkedin New parklet changes Catherine Street dining experience TAGSCaroline CurleyFordIan O’MahonyIrish WaterLimerick City and County Councilnew vehiclesOpelPeugeot Twitter Advertisement Irish Water to replace old water mains on St Nessan’s Road Previous article2,000 Santa flights set for take-off from ShannonNext articleLimerick tech expert warns of cyber attacks Editor WhatsApp Limerick’s O’Connell Street Revitalisation Works to go ahead Limerick customers to benefit from extension of Irish Water’s First Fix free scheme to tackle leaks Update: Works underway to resolve discolouration of water in Raheen area O’Donnell Welcomes Major Enhancement Works for Castletroy Neighbourhood Park Print Facebook Mayor Stephen Keary with Ian O’Mahony of Irish Water at the handover of the new vans to Limerick City and County Council.Irish Water is investing €1.3 million upgrading its fleet of Water Services vans in Limerick City and County.The upgrade sees 59 new vans replacing the existing fleet of vehicles currently operating in the city and county which has an average age of more than eight years.The new vans will be operated by Limerick City and County Council staff working on behalf of Irish Water.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Irish Water Limerick Operations manager Ian O’Mahony said the vehicles will enable personnel to carry out their work in a much safer and more efficient manner, ultimately improving its customer service.Ian O’Mahony, Irish Water; Mayor Stephen Keary and Caroline Curley, Limerick City and County Council taking delivery of the new Irish Water vehicles.“Having a safe, properly managed modern fleet will enable more effective inspection, servicing and maintenance of Irish Water’s water and wastewater assets throughout Limerick. This fleet will also enable staff to respond to emergencies much quicker, in line with all regulatory requirements.Limerick City and County Council director of services Caroline Curley, said that the new vans will ensure that their staff can continue to provide top class delivery of water and wastewater services to the people of Limerick city and county.At the handover of the new Irish Water vans were Tom Tarpey, Limerick Council; Caroline Curley, Limerick Council; John Farrell, Irish Water; Mayor Stephen Keary; Noreen Fahy, Limerick Council and Ian O’Mahony, Irish Water.The new fleet comprises Peugeot, Opel and Ford vans. Extensive consultation has taken place with the local authority staff and management to ensure that these vehicles are fit for purpose and will meet all operational requirements.Irish Water, in partnership with local authorities, plans to invest more than €10 million in upgrading its fleet nationally over the coming 18 months. Email
Share Share Share In photo: Hon. Rayburn Blackmoore addressing media reporters.Minister responsible for Public Works, Energy and Ports, Honourable Rayburn Blackmoore has defended the Government’s position relating to the ongoing road works on the Pointe Mitchel/Soufriere Sea Defence and Road Rehabilitation Project.Two weeks ago, the Minister announced that the deadline for completion of the project had been extended to two additional months.Mr Blackmoore explained that while the delay in the completion of the project was not deliberate, the engineers cannot compromise quality with efficiency and speed.During a site visit on July 15th, Mr Blackmoore said, ‘we had some rain during the past month, and this have set the engineers back, we also have the issue of traffic; since this is the only Road leading to the city from the Soufriere/Scotts Head area, so the engineers have to be prudent in the phases of work that is being done. But what would you prefer -to have a road and wall made in little time and it is no good? We can’t compromise quality with speed and efficiency at all’.In photo: section of the Pointe Michel Sea Defence Project.Upon completion the sea defence wall is expected to span some 750 meters, complimented with two-way traffic and sidewalks for pedestrians.The Government is hoping not only that the project will help to protect the fragile coastal infrastructures but that it would contribute to the economic development and improvements in livelihoods of the residents of the affected communities.Although the project is two months behind, Honourable Rayburn Blackmoore assures the Dominican public that the Point Mitchell sea defense wall and road works project will stay on course.The project currently employs 77 local workers; a project Mr. Blackmoore says adds great value to the local economy.The $22.3 million project is being contracted by Co Williams and Company Ltd.Dominica Vibes News 76 Views no discussions Tweet LocalNews Public Works Minister defends delay in the Pointe Mitchel/Soufriere Sea Defence Wall Project by: – July 25, 2011 Sharing is caring!
These workers roam around the vicinity of the Kalibo International Airport. JUN AGUIRRE/PN KALIBO, Aklan – As the threat of the coronavirusdisease 2019 (COVID-19) persists, more airline companies have announced furtherreduction of their operation at the Kalibo International Airport (KIA),according to the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP). CAAP-Kalibo chief Engr. Eusebio MonserateJr. said KIA will have no more international flights beginning March 8 thisyear. Monserate added the global scare of theCOVID-19 has prompted various carriers operating at the KIA to halt their services.Some of the airlines that will expand their suspension of flights includeAirAsia and Pan Pacific. “The CAAP central office has noadvisories against any travel ban for now. The cancellation of flights was thedecision of the airline companies themselves,” Monserate explained. Monserate, however, clarified that the suspensionis indefinite. “There are also chartered flightsscheduled on March 23 and 25. From then, we will await for advisories if whenthe international flights would resume,” he added. On March 1, a flight was expected toarrive to KIA from Taiwan but was cancelled. The last international flights to bringpassengers to the KIA will be coming from Incheon and Busan – both cities fromSouth Korea on March 7. Monserate noted that the KIA willcontinue to operate their three domestic flights from and to Manila, Cebu andClark./PN