Haiti President Jovenel Moise has condemned the British charity, Oxfam, over the allegations that some of its staff members were engaged in paid sex while on a mission to help people affected by the earthquake in Haiti in 2010.Violation of human dignity“There is nothing more undignified and dishonest than a sexual predator who uses his position as part of the humanitarian response to a natural disaster to exploit needy people in moments of great vulnerability,” Moise said in a Twitter message late Monday. “What happened with Oxfam in Haiti is an extremely serious violation of human dignity,” he added.Oxfam deputy chief executive officer, Penny Lawrence, has since resigned noting that “concerns were raised about the behavior of staff in Chad, as well as Haiti, that we failed to adequately act upon.”Totally unacceptableLast Friday, Oxfam described as “totally unacceptable” the behavior of the workers noting that such allegations risked undermining public trust in charities.“The public expects charities to be safe and trusted environments that safeguard those who come into contact with them,” it said, noting that the “behavior of some members of Oxfam staff uncovered in Haiti in 2011 was totally unacceptable, contrary to our values and the high standards we expect of our staff.”Oxfam said that “as soon as we became aware of the allegations we immediately launched an internal investigation.”.The earthquake in Haiti killed more than 200,000 people and left millions homeless in the country.Maximum transparency expectedThe European Commission has said it expects full clarity and maximum transparency from Oxfam, warning it is ready to “cease funding any partner not living up to high ethical standards.” The charity’s program in Haiti received Euro1.7 million in 2011 from the EU and Britain’s International Development Secretary Penny Mordaunt said Oxfam had apologized for its “appalling” behavior and that the government had not been told at the time the allegations involved sexual misconduct or beneficiaries.
NBA wrap: Celtics back to ‘having fun’ again after fourth win in a row “We’ve got to watch the film and figure out how to get better, whether that’s winning the turnovers or defensively being better. We don’t know yet. I’m pretty sure it’s a variety of things, though.”Rockets fall to the Jazz. pic.twitter.com/x43XdlmAT6— Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) December 7, 2018Asked for his analysis of the decisive third quarter, he added: “[The Jazz] got off to a really good third quarter. We didn’t make shots, they made shots. We had a couple of mistakes on defense and they capitalised on them.” Lakers have no interest in acquiring Carmelo Anthony, report says Houston slipped to 11-13 against Utah, but Harden is not interested in drawing comparisons to the Rockets team that finished the 2017-18 regular season as top seeds.”We can’t do anything about last year. We’ve got to just focus on this year, each game and each day getting better,” he said. “Honestly, we’ve got a completely different roster.”We focus on what we’ve got to improve every game. Things aren’t always going to great, but sometimes things are going to go great. We’ve just got to stay the pace, stay the course until the end.” James Harden insists he is “not concerned at all” about the Rockets despite another dismal quarter in defeat to the Jazz on Thursday.On Monday, the Rockets were outscored 17-9 by the Timberwolves in the fourth quarter en route to a road loss and a 12-minute spell again cost Houston in Salt Lake City, going down 38-11 in the third as the Jazz coasted to a118-91 win. Yet Harden says there is little to be overly worried by, saying “it happens in basketball”, although he is keen for the Rockets to improve.”I’m not concerned at all,” Harden told reporters. “What would I be concerned about? It happens. It happens in basketball. Related News